The 2020 Conference will be held in the Gauteng Province.
Details are being finalised, further information will follow.
- Wednesday 21 August 2019
- Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 August 2019
- Thursday 22 August 2019
- Friday 23 August 2019
- Welcome Cheese and Wine Evening
- Conference Plenaries + Break-away Sessions
- Gala Dinner
- Workshops + ISASA Conference
We find ourselves in the midst of the 4th Industrial Revolution and the chief question that arises is how this will impact on the world of teaching, learning and research. We invite you to join us as we grapple with the impact of the 4th Industrial Revolution on our world of both study and future work.
The issues currently under discussion:
- How do we adequately prepare our students within the tertiary education environment for a world that is making huge strides in terms of technological advancements.
- Are our students/staff being adequately prepared for the onslaught of the new technologies?
- Are we as the HE sector proactively designing and implementing programmes to support students/staff to navigate a smooth transition from the 3rdindustrial revolution to the 4th?
- What are some of the ensuing debates between the hard sciences and the social/human sciences when we engage about the 4th Industrial Revolution?
As the higher education sector, we are primarily involved in providing some of the skilled labour force that will enter the world of work, and we need to prepare our students to embrace the advancements in technology so that they are adequately skilled to enter this new world.
Let us come together through common platforms and help ensure that we are suitably prepared to enter this new era within our global higher education sector.
We also encourage students, who may not yet have final papers to consider preparing poster presentations, which will allow for some robust interaction on their developing research.
Please address all conference-related queries to:
Ms Vinay Rajah
Tel: +27 (0) 12 430 2397